2011-02-22

Dutch Immigration Update (2/2): Not Bad News

The Hague, The Netherlands


Cracking the Dutch Immigration's Code

Last week we got a letter from the IND (e.g., Dutch INS) requesting more information about my business. This was neither good news, at least, the news we were hoping for, nor bad news. The IND requested a certification of my bank accounts from a registered accountant and simple set of opening financial statements. This was relatively simple set of documents that required a bunch of leg work to secure and some misadventures in speaking Dutch.

The request gave no further information about when we should expect a response. We are rounding out the three month mark since I submitted my application. This was when the agent said we should expect to hear something. We were warned, however, as a result the international treaty under which I applied, it could take longer. The visa I was issued still allows me to stay until May so we *still* feel pretty good about the whole process.

I do still feel like I have applied to college and I am waiting to hear. The question is, should I be hoping for a thick envelope or thin envelope? The last one was very thin and caused a lot of distraction. I am hoping the next one has a greencard.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome image and caption! They made me LOL.